Sunday, March 10, 2013

Basketball Box Project

Shelley, here, with an altered project that I made for winter CHA!
DSC_0029
It's a wooden box that holds 4"x4" pictures, and it's on a swivel, so it turns!

GiqmJrOUfQuhFh4gcDJV_B2maI13Zd1CCGYc3lygva0
I used Christine Adolph's ALL HOOPS Collection!  Isn't it cool?!

DSC_0036
The box works like four picture frames.  You slide in the pictures from the inside of the box, and there is glass that covers each one.
I painted all edges of the box first with Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect Paint in Gold.  I then papered all of the sides and the top of the box with paper.

DSC_0037
For the silver edges, I used a base coat, then Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Haematite on strips of paper, then glued these on the edges.  It looks like the edges are metal!

DSC_0039
I installed a trophy topper on the top of the box, after I covered it in the base coat and the Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Haematite.  This topper started out as a shiny gold, and it is made out of plastic.  Using these products, it made it look like  pewter, and I really loved the look!

DSC_0040
Here is a picture with the lid of the box removed.  For the lid, I made a couple of mini-magazines, and adhered them.

DSC_0043
For the inside of the box, I made a tiny album as a bonus!  It just housed a few pictures, and was a fun addition to the box!

DSC_0044
DSC_0045

DSC_0048
I used rub-ons and scrap paper and stickers to embellish the mini book.

DSC_0049
I lined the inside of the box with felt, as to finish it out.

DSC_0029
Lastly, I used some brown and white twine around the bottom and the top of the box!
I hope you've enjoyed looking at my project.  I've enjoyed sharing it with you!!

~  Shelley

Products Used:
All Hoops Paper
All Hoops Cardstock sticker
My Court Paper
Slam Dunk Paper
Viva Precious Metal Effect Paint in Gold
Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub Base Coat in Smoky Blue
Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Haematite
Basketball Rub-Ons

1 comment:

  1. BIG MISTAKE...every coach is going to ask you to do this to every trophy...lol! WOW...super COOL!!! Love the album inside...genius! Way genius! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete