Thursday, January 15, 2015

DT challenge

Shelley, here, with a Sweet Treat, just in time for Valentine's Day!   This was my entry for the Design Team Challenge from last Valentine's Day(2014)!!

And, now, on with the project!!
I've made a few Valentine's Day Magnets, and decorated a jar to put a few treats in!


For the jar, I took a doilly and sprayed it with Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Ginger Peach, then daubed the edges with Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Hot Cinnamon.  After it dried, I covered the inside metal lid, and put the ring around it.  These fabulous cupcakes were made with the "Delightful Cupcakes" Die-Namites Die and some thin metal.  They look good enough to eat!


Here are the magnet-valentines I made!

 


I started with chipboard pieces.  On the scalloped piece, I used Inka Gold in "Lava Red".  This provided a nice base to start with!  For the top chipboard piece, I used a piece of Cotswald Manor paper.  The "Heart Bouquet" is another awesome die from Die-Namites!  To give the little chipboard bird a little bit of texture, I used the Viva Magic Transparent Pearl Pen.  I glued a piece of magnet on the back of the piece.  So, instead of giving a little Valentine's Day card, I will give my Valentines a little magnet that will have them thinking of me just a little bit longer!


On this magnet, I used the "Delightful Cupcakes" diecut again!  I cut it in two different colors of metal, allowing me to have the cut-out parts in a different color, and then I glued them on!




I hope you enjoyed my project!  Please stop back in regularly to see what wonderful things The Crafty Scrapper has to share!!

~Shelley

Products Used:

Die-Namites Dies
Maya Road Chipboard pieces
Maya Road Kraft tickets
Maya Road wooden buttons and leaf pin
Splash of Color Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist
Viva Clear Magic Transparent Pen
Viva Inka Gold
SOC paper:  Cotswald Manor


No comments:

Post a Comment