Monday, February 17, 2014

Altered Project: Wooden Spool-Baseball

Shelley, here, with an altered project, using a Melissa Frances Spool Photo Holder and some awesome Viva Colour products!
 DSC_0011
I began with a wooden Melissa Frances wooden spool.  I first distressed it by using a file in many places.  Then, I used Viva Colour Gold Crackle Paint over several parts of it to give an old look.

DSC_0009
The corner scrolls are by Melissa Frances, also, and are just the thing for this photo ATC!  I used the file on these, then painted them with Black China Luminarte Twinkling H20.   After letting this dry, I added some Viva Colour Gold in "Gold" and some Viva Colour Gold Crackle Paint.  I layered these products, until I achieved the looked that I wanted.
DSC_0008
On the ring holder, I used Viva Colour Inka Gold "Gold".  I used a wood ATC and glued a black and white photo on it.  I heavily distessed the edges of the photo and the card itself.  I painted over all of the edges with Black China Luminarte Twinkling H20.  I then glued down the corners.  After getting everything down where I wanted it, I used a stamp on the edge of the photo and card.  I then touched up all of the card and corners with the Viva Colour Inka Gold "Gold", Viva Colour Gold Crackle Paint, Black China Luminarte Twinkling H20, and Viva Colour Silver Precious Metal Effect Paint.


DSC_0007
You can see toward the top of the spool and in the middle, the Viva Colour Inka Gold in "Gold" that I have wiped in the scratches made by the file.  On the bottom part, you can see the crackle paint.

DSC_0012
Thanks for looking!  I hope you enjoyed it, and will give these products a try!!

Splash of Color Products
Viva Gold Crackle Paint
Viva Inka Gold in "Gold"
Black China Luminarte Twinkling H20
Viva Silver Precious Metal Effect Paint
Cherry Wood ATC pack


No comments:

Post a Comment