Monday, February 17, 2014

Sugar Skull

Shelley, here, with a skull for Halloween!!
DSC_0004
DSC_0002
Here is the plastic skull that I started with...
 DSC_0005
And, this is how it turned out after using a bunch of Splash of Color products on it!!
I began by using Viva Colour Inka Gold Metallic Rub Base Coat, and letting it dry overnight.  I then used Viva Inka Gold in Silver.  This is a cream that is so fun to use, and the result is just stunning!  You put on the cream, then buff it until it shines!
I then used Silks Acrylic Glaze in Black ice to paint all of the parts on the skull that are black.
I used a white gel pen to make the white markings on the skull.
DSC_0003
"BEFORE" side view...
DSC_0006
"AFTER" side view!!!
DSC_0007
"El dia de los muertos"
DSC_0008
I used paintable flowers and painted with the Black Ice Silks.  I painted the other flowers with Viva Precious Metal Effects Paint in Turquoise, Blackberry, and Purple.  I used Marah Johnson's Hallow's Eve die cut pieces to adorn the flowers, and I also placed a few pieces of bling on the skull.
DSC_0009
Thanks for looking, and have a  s p o o k y  weekend!!
~Shelley
Splash of Color Products
Viva Colour Inka Gold Metallic Rub Base Coat
Viva Colour Silver Inka Gold Metallic Rub
Silks Acrylic Glaze in Black Ice
Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect paint in Turquoise
Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect paint in Blackberry
Viva Colour Precious Metal Effect paint in Purple
Hallow's Eve die cut Cardstock Shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment